How to sort
Bio waste can include for example
- Food waste, left-overs and food stuffs gone bad
- Fruit and root vegetable peels, eggshells
- Congealed frying fat or pork grease packed, e.g., in an empty milk carton
- Small, for example, bird bones and parings
- Used cooking oil in a plastic bottle
- Coffee grounds and used tea leaves and bags
- Kitchen paper and paper napkins
- Wilted flowers and small amounts of houseplant potting soil
- Cleaning waste from pet cages and small amounts of biodegradable cat litter.
Bio waste can be wrapped in newspaper, envelope or paper bag; also a plastic bag will do because it can be sorted out in the pretreatment phase prior to anaerobic digestion process of bio waste.